zondag, januari 24, 2010

lost and refound

I am fascinated by the idea that when you loose a belonging it will float in a new sort of cosmos. This cosmos exists between private and public space. The object still belongs to his/her owner, but also maybe not anymore... does it belong to no one?

Anyway.. That was the starting point of this project.
I researched the subject lost and found and stumbled on a few websites where people can report objects they have lost or found. I realized that when you loose your belonging you can’t make a picture of it anymore and the only way make it recognizable and get it back, is to describe it. The descriptions I found were so personal and open for interpretation, that I really got inspired!

The descriptions of stuffed animals touched me at most. Small children cherish and love them even when they’re falling apart from all the cuddling and dragging around. I felt so bad that they lost their animal that I decided to re-make and return them. By re-designing the animals I brought the personal descriptions and my interpretation of them together and created something new.



1 opmerking: